Author Topic: Mirror tool  (Read 20729 times)

Kasper

• View Profile
    • Chicago real estate
Re: Mirror tool
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »
This means the XYZ mirror mode should be avoided? The german support told me that in future this mode will be explained more detailed. At the moment there isn't any information in the help file.

The advantage of this mirror mode is that xpresso functions are mirrored correct. If I use another mode then only 2 axis are mirrored so the best workaround should be to invert some xpresso-values?

I don't know how other 3D applications do that, but isn't it possible to program the constraint in such way that it works with the xyz mirrored axis?

CU

Ansgar

Zebadiah

• View Profile
    • electronic cigarette review
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 12:35:21 AM »
I would like to see an easy way to make objects symmetrical. You could make an object, then flip it, then stick it together, but you'll have a visible line, as you've got two shapes stuck together.

I suggest a mirror tool, which can mirror the corners of a single shape, making it easy to create perfectly symmetrical shapes, such as arches. by (entity)

jacoby

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 04:05:29 AM »
a quick question . . .  when is the new version coming ?

AnnabelleR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 06:05:52 AM »
Hello,
It's not clear what should happen, for example, if a shape passes across the mirror line. I could do mesh-mirroring, but that wouldn't let you do the volume edits (cut holes, blends, etc).
One thing that should be (relatively) easy would be to add a 'mirror' node, that reflects the volume from one side to the other. The new mirror effect is working perfect...