Author Topic: 2d Rotate the object  (Read 5923 times)

ruudboek

• View Profile
2d Rotate the object
« on: April 15, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »
If i'm not mistaken, i found no way to rotate the object around its axel (2d style).
Maybe it would be a good idea to have some controls for that too.

RMS

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2d Rotate the object
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:54:07 AM »
There is a way. Select the object and draw a "perp" gesture (L-shape) on the background. That will create a 2D screen-plane widget. It is in the manual (called "view-planar widget").

Or, do you mean something else?

ruudboek

• View Profile
Re: 2d Rotate the object
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:03:30 AM »
No, that is what i mean.
I expected it to be a camera view that would have 2d rotated all objects, wereas this widget only applies to a single object.
Still it definitely gets the job done, maybe being able to 2d rotate a single object is even better, come to think of it. :D

I guess i was too busy going through all the visible controls (menu's, buttons etc.) to find that feature.
The widget works perfectly, however it would be more clear and intuitive if one could also find those widgets back in the menu's, because as far as i can tell, the only way that i could have found this widget, is by going through the manual.

I am afraid that lot's of people (most?) tend to skip the manual and simply start trying all options that are visibly available.
Therefore i guess that most people expect to find all available options in the menu's or on the screen.
Actually if was expecting to find this feature in the menu under "View/View Directions".
I do understand that the features under "View/View Directions" are camera views and that the widget only applies to a single object, so i guess in that sense it should be under another menu.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have menu items available for all the available widgets/options?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:08:53 AM by ruudboek »